The World’s Most Elegant Picnic Celebrates 5 years in San Diego!
San Diego, September 1, 2016 – A leading summer event in Paris for nearly 30 years, this elegant and secret affair is now well on its way to becoming THE autumn tradition in San Diego! On Thursday, October 6, 2016, Le Dîner en Blanc – San Diego celebrates its 5th anniversary. For a chance to be part of this milestone event, register now on the waiting list at sandiego.dinerenblanc.info/register.
Year after year, the breathtaking scene of thousands of white-clad guests descending upon one of the city most prestigious public space becomes more extraordinary for guests and passerby alike.
“The fifth year of Diner en Blanc – San Diego marks a very special time for the event. The past years have showcased some of America’s Finest City’s most picturesque locations. From Harbor Island to Waterfront Park the event has doubled over the past four years and we can’t wait to show our past attendees and new guests what we have in store,” said Amy Ulkutekin, executive director for The Ulkutekin Group, and co-host of Le Diner en Blanc – San Diego.
Attendees and volunteers from past Diner en Blanc – San Diego years are also anxious for the 5th celebration in San Diego. “It’s become our thing,” San Diego resident Joe Park said. “We always look forward to an evening under the stars with friends and enjoy seeing the creativity that everyone puts into the event from their attire to cuisine and décor.”
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
- Registration to participate happens in three stages:
- Phase 1 is for members who attended the previous year;
- Phase 2 is for new members who are referred by Phase I attendees;
- Phase 3 is for people who signed up on the waiting list via the official website: sandiego.dinerenblanc.info/register, by September 3.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: head-to-toe in elegant and white only attire. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online must reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
For full details on the event’s rules and regulations, please visit the official website: sandiego.dinerenblanc.info/about.
Apothic Wine is proud to be the official wine partner of the 2016 U.S. Diner en Blanc series.
About Dîner en Blanc
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc has become a worldwide epicurean phenomenon. Dîner en Blanc - Paris now attracts over 10,000 people each year. What was a “friends and word-of-mouth only” event has grown into an international sensation celebrated on five continents. While the technology behind the event may have changed over the years, the principles fuelling this fantastic event have not: guests continue to gather at a secret location for the sole purpose of sharing a gourmet meal with good friends in one of their city’s most beautiful public spaces. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Dîner en Blanc International is responsible for developing this secret posh picnic in over 70 cities in more than 25 countries around the world. Each event is headed by passionate local organizers who fell in love with the concept and wanted to bring it to their city, giving this rendezvous a local flair.
About Le Dîner en Blanc – San Diego Hosts
Diner en Blanc – San Diego is hosted by Amy Ulkutekin, Nena Villavicencio and Lindsay Preston, three event managers and friends who also plan luxury weddings and several festivals in San Diego. Combining their love and passion for elegant events and spending quality time with good friends, the three are thrilled to be hosting this year’s Diner en Blanc – San Diego.
Named for the mysterious place, Apotheca, where vintners stored their most coveted concoctions in 13th century Europe. The Apothic blends fuse Old World intrigue with modern sophistication. Winemaker Debbie Juergenson lets the character and flavor of each varietal guide the shape of her wines. Debbie offers a selection of distinctive blends including Apothic Red, Apothic White, Apothic Dark, Apothic Crush and Apothic Inferno. Apothic White is the #1 white wine blend in the US. Learn more at www.apothic.com and connect with us at #apothicwine @apothicwine and on Facebook at Apothic Wine.
To keep up to date on event announcements:
Facebook Diner en Blanc - San Diego
Hashtags: #dinerenblanc #DEBsandiego #dinerenblancSD
For all official videos of Dîner en Blanc around the world, visit YouTube Le Dîner en Blanc
For more info and photos of Dîner en Blanc events from around the world, visit the official website dinerenblanc.info.
For media requests, interviews or high resolution images:
Contact: Lindsay Preston, Diner en Blanc – San Diego
– p. 858.442.2092
– e. email@example.com
Leave a CommentLogin
Please log to your Member account to write on the wall: